Wednesday 18 January 2012

Check mate




I have got to admit I have been a bit stumped with this post. Men's fashion takes a little bit more research when it comes to making suggestions, as it's not my forte. This guy caught my eye in New York and I have been trying to find a good alternative to the jacket that he is wearing in the pictures above. Here is what I have come up with.

Take inspiration from the 1900's and rock the old school chap look with a Harris tweed check sports jacket



Harris Tweed Fergus jacket Was £300 Now £164 CW menswear


If you are looking for a Savile Row tailored classic have a look at the collection on the Savvy row website. They have a superb collection of original designs.  



Vintage Donegal Tweed Jacket £75 www.savvyrow.co.uk


"We are the mods" I can't get enough of 60's fashion at the moment and I am fascinated by youth culture inspired fashion and the connection between musical eras and their impact on trends. Hence one of my favourite reads being Jon Savage's England's Dreaming.



Retro 4 Button Mod 2 Piece Lords John Suit Jacket £95 www.modshopping.com 











No comments:

Post a Comment