Sunday 29 January 2012

The perfect gift




Sorry that I have not had chance to post for a few days but it's been a bit of a crazy time as one of my best friends got married yesterday. After getting stuck in the snow on the way over to the wedding and having to abandon the car, it has certainly been an eventful weekend.


My inspiration for tonight's post is this stunning bridesmaid gift I received. I have to say I couldn't hold back the tears when I opened this Theo Fennell solid silver bracelet engraved with a personal message.






Theo Fennell who studied at Byam Shaw School of Art, worked as a silversmith before opening his first shop on Fulham Road in Chelsea in 1982. Theo was once asked to engrave a broken champagne flute for a customer with the words 'good morning Diana', a romantic gesture that influenced Theo's work. The idea that such a personal touch would give joy and pleasure to the owner each time they looked at it.
This jewellery line is simple and beautifully crafted and for me a beautiful keepsake from such a perfect day. View his collection www.theofennell.com



No comments:

Post a Comment